At Pedak, we have a lot of in-house knowledge that we are glad to share because if you use your measuring equipment properly you will gain the best insight into your data, which means we will have done our job properly! In this blog, we share five tips on how to get the most out of your water data logger.
- Position the data logger in such a way that water can flow past it continuously. If it is to be placed in fast-flowing water, protect it with a PVC pipe drilled with holes.
- Secure the water data logger in such a way that any air bubbles can escape, so they don’t interfere with the measurement results.
- Make sure there is a gap of at least 2.5 centimetres between the data logger and any metal surfaces. The lower the conductivity, the more important the distance.
- Purchase a field calibration meter to take on-site calibration readings.
- Secure the water data logger in such a way that you can easily wipe any fouling off the sensor.